The Java Programming Language (SCJP)
- Intensive and thorough introduction to Java
- Suitable for those preparing for Sun Certified
Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 5.0 (CX-310-055).
- Highly focused presentations followed by hands-on labs,
reviews and short Q&A sessions.
- If your Java skills are already strong, you or after this course, you may also enjoy OO Design with UML for Java Developers jw310
- Programming experience with a language such as C, C++, Pascal, Basic etc.
- Ability to write simple java code.
After completeing this course, students will receive their
jWeekend online certificate and be able to:
- Create Java technology applications that leverage the
object-oriented features of the Java language, such as
encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Execute and run a Java technology application from the
- Use Java technology data types and expressions
- Use Java technology flow control constructs
- Use arrays and other data collections
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from
and write to data and text files.
- Create multithreaded programs
This course covers the CX-310
Exam Objectives as specified by Sun MicroSystems
- OO Concepts
- Language Fundamentals
- Declarations, Initialization and Scoping
- Flow Control
- Core API
- Collections / Generics